Saturday, March 26, 2011

Productivity

I feel like I have earned my right to some relaxation this evening.  I got so much done today. 

Last night, Omar helped me kick off my productive day by helping me pick up the living room. I also got the kitchen cleaned up, including wiping off counters and tables and getting into the corners with the broom.  I found so many puffs.  Joy is getting pretty good at getting them into her mouth, but they still seem to end up everywhere.

We went to bed late, but the kids kind of let us sleep in this morning.  Joy was up at 6, but I just took her to bed with me.  William was up at 7, so he came to bed too and we turned on Toy Story 3.  So we didn't really get up until 8.

My big accomplishment of the morning was vacuuming the whole house.  Both my kids are terrified of the vacuum.  As soon as he saw me pulling it out, William yelled, "Don't vacuum my toes!" and ran to climb up on the couch with Joy.  And Joy cried everytime the vacuum came near.  Her face was so sad and terrified; I felt really bad and gave her extra cuddles when I was done.  When we moved upstairs, I put them both in the crib while I vacuumed.  William seemed to think that was a safe spot, but Joy was still worried the vacuum was going to get her, so she still cried and had to have more cuddles.



Mid-day, I found time to take a nap with Joy.  She was so tired, but wouldn't go down, so I finally layed her on the living room floor and layed down with her for a while.  She slept for an hour and a half there; I layed with her for about an hour, then got up.


After naps, we all went to the store, and I practiced some of my new money saving stuff.  Using coupons, we saved over 10% on our Target shopping trip.  Also, I tried out my new iPhone app call Shopkick.  I think it's going to be good; easy to use and rewards that'll I'll actually use.  I just downloaded it last night, and I'm already up to level 4 with 300 points.  We're really aiming to save money so we can both pay off our debt and also be able to give more.

By the time we got home, we just had time to feed the kids dinner and put them to bed.  Then I finished putting laundry away and cleaning the kitchen (including washing all my pump accessories and bottles, which I usually put off until Sunday night on the weekends).  Now it is my relaxation, including a cup of Dunkin' Donuts Strawberry Shortcake Coffee which is so yummy.  And of course, a movie and time with my husband.

I need more days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment