Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beautiful Day

First off, Joy wore this today:


Everytime she wears this outfit, I want to start singing "You Are My Sunshine."  So I do.  All day.  She loves it.

Second, although I was loving my cuddle time on the couch with my kiddos, which looked something like this:



It was such a beautiful day outside (see that sun shining in the window?) that I knew I had to get them outside.  We stay inside so much, because I'm usually trying to get chores done, but I ditched all that today, and we went outside.

We spent about an hour outside.  For the majority of the time, we were just right outside the front door.  We took out a blanket for Joy, and a ball and his tricycle for William.  At first, I spread the blanket on the grass for Joy, but she kept reaching over and trying to eat the grass, so I had to move her to the sidewalk and just keep close to be sure she didn't fall over and hit her head.  William rode his tricycle a little and chased his ball around.  Our next door neighbor's son who is 6 or 7 came out and played ball with William a little, too.  When we got bored of that, we put our things inside and went for a walk.  I just let William lead the way, and we counted stairs and found flowers before looping back around to our house.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous today: sunny and beautiful without being hot.  We had a great time.

When we got home, I made William and Joy hot dogs and peas for dinner.  I made french fries, too, but they got burnt.  They both ate really well.





Isn't she getting good with her sippy cup?  Although I think she's chewing more than drinking.

Joy was exhausted and went to bed at 6:30, so I got some extra cuddle time with William before he went to bed.  It was a good way to end the day.  And there is nothing sweeter than when my little boy spontaneously tells me that he "looooves" me.

__________________________________________

I'm going to end with a prayer request for my boy.  This is him in his new carseat.  Look at his eyes.


We first noted a couple months ago that something didn't look right, and it's gotten noticeably worse.  Omar had him screened at the school last week, and they confirmed that something was wrong and labeled it.  He's got severe strabismus, which is a problem with the eye muscles, as well as severely impaired vision in his left eye.  He has an appointment with an ophthalmologist on May 4th.  From my research, I've learned that surgery is a common option for strabismus, and then he may still need glasses for his vision.  But we won't really know anything until his appointment, but his eye keeps looking worse, so please keep William's eyes and vision in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment