Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conversations with William


(William is in the bathroom doing his thing on the toilet.  From the bedroom, Omar and I hear a what sounds like a small explosion, and then a small whine.  I go to check.)
Mommy: Are you okay?
William (with a smile): I made a big poop!
(It's true.  He did.)

(William is helping me with the laundry.  I ask him to push the basket of clean clothes that just came out of the dryer into the bedroom.  He does.  I follow a few minutes later, and find him very carefully putting all the clean clothes from the basket into the dirty laundry hamper.)
Mommy: What are you doing?
William: I'm doing a good job!

(William has been in bed about an hour.)
William: Mommy! Mommy!
Mommy (walking into bedroom): What's wrong, William?
William (pointing to leg pulled up to his chest): My knee is bent!
Mommy: Ok.
William: My knee!  It's bent!
Mommy: Does it hurt?
William: No, it's bent!
Mommy: Well, that's ok, it's suppose to bend.
*Pause*
William: I have to go potty.

Mommy: Are you a bird?
William: No!
Mommy: Are you a puppy?
William: No!
Mommy: Are you a William?
William: No!
Mommy: No? Who are you, then?
William: I'm daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment