Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crockpot Magic

I am currently in love with my crockpot. Cooking only one or two times a week?  Five minute clean-up after dinner?  Yes, please!

The last few weeks, we've simply been doing a large crockpot meal at the beginning of the week, and eating the leftovers for the rest of the week.  Saves money and time!

It's so wonderful to come home and not be rushing around trying to figure out what's for dinner and cook.  Instead, I can come home and play with my kids, knowing that when it's time to eat, I just have to put a plate in the microwave for a couple minutes.

And after dinner?  Stick a few plates and glasses in the dishwashers, wipe down the table and counters, and actually have some time to relax after the kids go to bed!

I've also found that I really like crockpotting overnight.  It's an idea that has come to my attention many times before, but I always forget about it before actually trying it.  Now it's my favorite.  I discovered that after the kids are in bed, I can actually relax while I'm cooking, and I enjoy the process of chopping and sauteeing and mixing things to put in the crockpot.  The next morning, I transfer the food to tupperware and put it in the fridge, and then quickly wash the crock before the food dries onto it.   Then I head to work already feeling a sense of accomplishment in the day!

And we're cranking out some great meals.  My sister Erin gave me a taco meat recipe that is so delicious!  And this week, we produced our own version of beef stew served over rice that came out quite good.  I also have a southwest chicken recipe to try, from one of my coworkers.  And of course, there's always my classic crockpot stand by: chili!

If you have a great crockpot recipe that I can try, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment