Thursday, July 14, 2011

Long Overdue

I am long overdue for a post about my kids.  So here you go, an array of stories, in no particular order:

My brother was in town this weekend, and we had lunch with him on Sunday.  While happily chowing down on french fries, Joy paused a moment to wave a french fry at Chris and tell him, "I like that!"

William was asleep when we arrived at the restaurant.  But as we tried to lay him down across some chairs, he started to stir, and spotted the basket of chips on the table.  Instantly he sat up, look around, said, "chips!" and started eating.

Omar's car had to go to the dealer for some repairs.  After work, the kids and I took Omar to pick up the car.  We hung out in the parking lot for a few minutes to make sure Omar got the car okay, and I told William we were waiting for Daddy.  When I saw Omar start driving in his car, I backed out of my spot to follow.  William started yelling at me, "No, no! Don't go! We have to stop!  We have to wait for Daddy!"  I told him that Daddy had his car, and pointed it out as Omar drove by.  Omar honked and waved as he passed, so I told William, "Let's follow Daddy home," and he agreed to that plan.

Our couch reclines, and last night Omar laid back in the his section.  Joy seized the opportunity to try to crawl back there.  I saw her go around the corner, but thought she was just going to rattle the gate at the bottom of the stairs.  Omar and I stared at each other in surprise when we heard a squawk from right behind us.  I jumped up to find Joy stuck in the spot where it got narrow again after the wider opening from the recliner.  I told Omar not to move, and with a little squirming, Joy got backed out enough for me to grab her and pull her out.  She was a little upset and covered in lint and dust.

William keeps telling me that Joy wants to sleep in his bed with him.

William likes to share his granola bar with Joy.  They sit on the floor together, and William takes a bite, then gives Joy a bite, and they eat the whole granola bar that way.

After William threw up last Friday, I took him downstairs to tell Omar.  After I told Omar what happened, William nodded very seriously and said, "It's yucky."

Joy's favorite book is "Baby Says Peekaboo."  It has lift up flaps, and textured objects, and a mirror on the last page.  She always finds that book for her bedtime story.  Even if I hide it in the back of the book cabinet, she'll pull all the other books out and find it.  When my mom babysat last Sunday, I forgot to tell her that we had added that to the routine.  But after my mom put Joy in her pajamas, she said Joy crawled over and opened the cabinet and got that book out for my mom to read to her.

And that concludes this installment of William and Joy stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment