Tuesday, December 7, 2010

William and Christmas

I'm not keeping up with this blog as much as I would like.  By the time I get to the end of the day when I may have time to write, I'm usually just too tired to care or I can't remember what I wanted to write about or there are so many things to write about that I can't pick just one.

The other night, I was rocking William at bedtime, and he suddenly tipped his head back and smiled at me with so much love and happiness in his little face.  I worry sometimes that because Joy needs so much attention right now, then William may not be getting enough.  But he's been so good with her, especially now that she can smile and laugh a lot, he loves to get in her face and make her smile.  Tomorrow, Grandpa will be in town, and William will have him to himself all day.  That kind of thing is good for him, a little one on one attention.

I'm so excited for Christmas this year, because William will really be able to get into it.  He's already super-excited about the Christmas tree.  He's only tried to take a couple of ornaments off.  And he's decided that the elf and Santa climbing the ladder on the tree are "William and Grandpa."  William is getting a lot of Cars (the Disney movie) gifts this year; he watches that movie almost every day.  His big gift is going to be a tricycle (and helmet); I cannot wait to see his face Christmas morning!

I'm trying to find time to read A Christmas Carol.  I usually read it every year around this time, but I'm having trouble getting around to it this year.  It's my favorite Christmas book.  And of course, my favorite movie version of it is A Muppet Christmas Carol.  I watched that Sunday night when I had an evening to myself.  I tried to get William into reading the book "A Story a Day till Christmas," but he can't sit still long enough to get through a story.  I also tried to get him to watch A Muppet Christmas Carol, but he asked to watch iCarly or Cars instead.

1 comment: