Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep

We are well on our way towards Thanksgiving dinner now.  Last night, I made the cranberry-orange relish, hardboiled the eggs (they will become deviled eggs), and baked the chocolate cake that will be turned into a Fudge Lover's Strawberry Truffle Cake by Thursday.

Of course, it's not all going without a few hiccups.  Tonight, I was going to bake my apple pie, but my mom was making the crust and didn't get it done.  So I have to put that off until tomorrow night.  Tonight, I made my cheeseballs and the sweet onion dip that I'm taking to work for the potluck tomorrow.

I'm just trying to stay focused and positive.  I seem to be a little absent-minded lately.  Yesterday, I took the nipples for Joy's bottles to work with me; the daycare called me and I had to leave work to take them.  On Saturday, I'm pretty sure I forgot to use shampoo when I took my shower; there's no way my hair was that greasy on Sunday morning if I had actually washed it.  Oh, and I almost forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer yesterday.

Tomorrow, I will get off work as early as possible, because I need to come home to clean the house and do a lot of prep work.  I will be working on stuffing, appetizers and desserts tomorrow.

I'm very excited about Thanksgiving; it will be great to have so many Howards here.  Erin is bringing orange rolls and sweet potato casserole, and Adam is bringing a pumpkin cream pie.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment