Monday, November 15, 2010

Tired

It's one of those nights that I don't get to eat until after 8, after the kids are in bed.  Luckily, Joy actually went to bed at the same time as William, and Omar put my plate in the microwave so I could reheat it easily.

I'm tired tonight.  I want to just lay down and relax, and it makes me feel even more tired to realize that when I get up from this computer, I still have to clean the kitchen, wash the bottles, and take a shower before I can be done for the night.  Sometimes it's so wearing to look down the road and just see this same thing going on, every night, for many months: put the kids to bed, clean the kitchen, wash bottles, do laundry.  I feel like I never get any time to myself to just relax.

I have to remind myself that I need to be more selfless; I need to be a servant.  And it starts in my home, taking care of my husband and kids.  The smiles and kisses I get in return make it worthwhile to spend my time trying to create a happy home.

Sometimes it's just hard to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment